Registered Behavior Technician
Job Location: We have positions throughout Kentucky
Position Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Brad Hack has been working with APT for more than a year, and he has been in the recruiting and HR field for over a decade. His primary objective is to find high-quality, passionate employees who can help advance APT’s mission of assisting as many families in need as possible. Brad is a native of Louisville, and you can find him spending his weekends playing guitar with his band and walking his dogs with his wife in some of the most trendy locations around the city.
Get to Know Associates in Pediatric Therapy:
Associates in Pediatric Therapy (APT) was founded in 2007 by our CEO Renea Sageser to provide clinics in rural areas so children may receive the quality services they need closer to home. We have recently expanded our practices from Kentucky and Indiana to Tennessee! Here at APT we pride ourselves in establishing a culture that prioritizes family-centered care in order to Advance Patients to their next Therapeutic Level. APT values our patients and employees by being 100% family focused, offering flexible employment opportunities, mentorship opportunities, and community involvement. Since our founding APT has been awarded Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 6 years consecutively!
How You Will Make an Impact as a Registered Behavior Technician:
In this role, you will play an important part in helping children and their families receive the therapy services that they need in a variety of fun and exciting locations that are appealing to the patient and family!
The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is responsible for direct client care and provide high-quality early intervention services with support and direction from Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy to clients in an outpatient clinic setting, home-based or school/community setting.
- Implements Individualized Treatment Plans (ITPs) under the direction of the behavior analysts/consultants.
- Facilitates and assist in the development and identification of resources and support information for patients and their families.
- Provides detailed daily treatment notes in EMR system to ensure appropriate billing of services provided.
- Discusses appropriate referrals for additional patient services, as needed, with BCBA.
- Completes all documentation and supervisory requirements as required by state board for RBT.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates effectively with fellow Registered Behavior Technicians,BCBAs, families, and additional team members to support the needs of the client. Participates in therapy meetings as scheduled.
- Attends CEU trainings as needed to maintain professional license requirements.
- Complies with federal, state, and local certification requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- High school Diploma or GED
- 6 months experience as a RBT -or- pediatric experience as a COTA, SLPA or PTA.
- Certification or ability to obtain certification as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT).
- Following employment must maintain an active and current certification as a RBT.
- In good standing with the BACB.
Benefits of Working at APT:
- Health Insurance
- Company Provided Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Match
- Flexible Schedule
- Salary and Hourly Opportunities
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Yearly company retreats and events
- Volunteer Opportunities
- And so much more!
APT is always looking for talented, passionate, and committed therapists and support staff to serve our patients therapeutic needs. If you are passionate about providing pediatric services to patients and families using a team approach and you have a nature that is self-motivating, enthusiastic, innovative, flexible, loyal, and respectful for all areas of diversity we would love to chat with you. We invite you to learn more about working for APT by visiting our website at https://kidtherapy.org/careers/ and hear from our therapists directly by watching this video –> APT Employee Thoughts