Physical Therapist Position Description
Physical therapists (PTs) play a crucial role in providing treatment to individuals with the goal of helping them achieve their highest level of functioning and preventing regression. They carefully determine the appropriate amount and duration of treatment, tailoring it to each recipient’s specific needs. Additionally, PTs supervise physical therapist assistants (PTA) and students enrolled in the PT program, ensuring the delivery of high-quality care.
Physical Therapist Qualifications
- To become a licensed Physical Therapist (PT), individuals are required to have at least a Master’s Degree from an accredited university. Alternatively, they may also be eligible for licensure through a grandfathering process. In addition, PTs must successfully pass their National Boards, ensuring that they possess the necessary knowledge and competence to provide quality care to their patients.
- PTs must be able to perform a physician-ordered evaluation of a recipient by applying muscle, joint, and functional tests.
- PTs must maintain detailed documentation of progress towards goals identified in the plan of care, date of service, duration of service as well as signature, date of signature, and title of therapist.
- To Advance Patients to their next Therapeutic Level.
- To conduct family-centered therapy with honesty, empathy, and professional integrity and to treat others with sensitivity and respect for all areas of diversity.
- To offer flexible employment opportunities.
- To challenge ourselves to advance to the next level within our scope of practice.
- To build a strong business that is an active corporate citizen in our community.
What It’s Like
Hear from some of our current team members in the video below.
Why Work With Us?
APT prides itself on being 100% family focused for both patients and employees. We are proud of the overall culture we have established and align it with our company’s mission “Advancing Patients to their next Therapeutic Level.” Benefits for employees include providing internal mentorships for new employees, flexible hours, team building retreats and events, as well as childcare on site.
Best Places Five-peat!