2013 Year in Review
WOW… What a year 2013 has been for APT! 2013 has been a great year and we are ecstatic by the progress our amazing patients have made! Below are some of the highlights of our busy year:
- APT implemented a new EMR system.
- 5 babies were welcomed into our APT family.
- Our CEO, Renea Sageser was named as one of 2013’s “People to Watch in the Health Care Industry” in Greater Louisville by Business First Magazine.
- An inspirational spotlight story was written each month with 11 patients and 1 volunteer highlighted.
- APT hosted it’s 2nd Annual Autism Awareness Walk.
- APT took part in Shelby County’s Rocket Games.
- Employees of APT took part in a Spring and Fall Staff Retreat.
- APT hosted it’s annual Patient Appreciation Picnic.
- APT opened a Lexington Location.
- APT sponsored Feat’s, Outrunning Autism 5k.
- APT sponsored Down Syndrome of Louisville’s Steps to Independence 5k.
- APT hosted it’s annual Fall Festival for all patients.
- APT hosted it’s first Sensitive Santa.
- APT hosted it’s first set of IEP workshops.
- APT started offering free developmental screenings the first Friday of each month.
- APT was honored as the #4 Fast 50 business in the Louisville area.
- APT added approximately 50 new employees.
Although these are just some of our high points the greatest highlights of our year have been the lives that have been changed here at APT! We have had the honor of seeing children take their first steps, speak their first words and reach new heights! In November of this year we lost one of our own when our October Patient of the Month gained her angel wings after a long battle with Leukemia. Addison Miles touched all of our hearts with her story of strength and courage. At only two years of age little Addison changed many of our lives. It is our hope and prayer in the New Year that patient’s lives will continue to be changed and that life will truly be cherished. We look forward to the new patient’s we will have the honor of meeting and continuing with the progress of our current patient’s. We just know that 2014 will be an incredible year!!
We wish you many blessings in this New Year!