Speech Language Pathologist
The jobs listed above are our current openings, however, APT is always growing and may have future needs in other areas and locations! If interested, click below:
The primary responsibilities of the Speech Language Pathologist are to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat speech language, social communication, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders in children.
- Under physician’s orders, evaluate and treat speech, language, communication and swallowing disorders to achieve highest level of functioning and prevent regression
- Prepare detailed documentation of treatment provided, length of treatment and progress toward outcomes identified in plan of care
- Create treatment and therapy plans to suit the individual needs of a diverse population of patients including short- and long-term goals
- Perform screenings to detect voice or speech disorders
- Educate patients, parents and caregivers about speech disorders, causes and plan or treatment
- Report patient progress and current status to appropriate parties including family members, caregiver or medical professional
- Team with parent, caregiver or other therapists in a therapy session, as appropriate
- Make appropriate referrals for additional patient services, as needed
- Participate in bi-monthly therapy meetings as required
- Attend CEU trainings as needed to maintain professional license requirements
- Comply with federal, state, and local certification requirements
- Other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications & Education:
(include, but are not limited to)
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university
- Passed national boards
- Ability to move freely in office and clinical areas
- Thorough understanding of speech-related conditions, causes and treatments
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written
- Ability to travel to other APT locations as needed
- Ability to move freely around office and clinical settings for patient treatment
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Ability to sit for brief to extended periods of time and work on computer
- To Advance Patients to their next Therapeutic Level.
- To conduct family-centered therapy with honesty, empathy, and professional integrity and to treat others with sensitivity and respect for all areas of diversity.
- To offer flexible employment opportunities.
- To challenge ourselves to advance to the next level within our scope of practice.
- To build a strong business that is an active corporate citizen in our community.
What It’s Like
Hear from some of our current team members in the video below.
Why Work With Us?
APT prides itself on being 100% family focused for both patients and employees. We are proud of the overall culture we have established and align it with our company’s mission “Advancing Patients to their next Therapeutic Level.” Benefits for employees include providing internal mentorships for new employees, flexible hours, team building retreats and events, as well as childcare on site.